Try a stay at THE PARROT HOUSE: GUEST COTTAGE at 310 N. 3rd St., just around the corner from all that the Historic Downtown has to offer! This quaint cottage is a full property rental including a fully furnished kitchen, dining room, living room, and some pleasant outdoor spaces as well a options for 1, 2, or 4 bedrooms, all at reasonable prices. If you’re looking for a little privacy or you’re traveling with a big group this is the perfect spot for you.
The Parrot House has four available bedrooms which sleep up to eight traditionally. However, if you have more guests you are welcome to bring extra accommodations such as sleeping bags and air mattresses. There is one full bath, with a lovely, large antique tub, and one-half bath. You also have access to a fully furnished kitchen, a cozy dining room, a spacious living room, and lovely front and back porches.
This is a full property rental, the innkeepers do not live on premises, so it provides you with a nice level of privacy. We will work with you to find convenient times to come refresh your rooms without disturbing you. This property is child-friendly and pet-friendly. We also have options available for long-term rentals so please ask about our weekly and monthly rates!
Please note that when renting 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms, or 4 bedrooms you will still have the whole house to yourself with no other guests staying there. These options are part of an attempt to lessening our workload by closing off unused portions of the property, and thus pass those savings onto smaller groups interested in renting the property.
1 BEDROOM – The bedroom available with this option we lovingly call The Innocents Abroad after Meagan’s favorite Mark Twain book. It features a luxurious King sized bed that we guarantee you will not want to leave in the morning. Maximum Occupancy: 2. $100 + tax per night.
2 BEDROOMS – In addition to The Innocents Abroad you will also have access to the Rougin’ It bedroom, named after another of Mark Twain’s popular travel books. This room has a lovely double bed and don’t forget that cozy reading nook. Maximum Occupancy: 4. $160 + tax per night.
4 BEDROOMS – Along with The Innocents Abroad and the Rougin’ It, you will also have the 2nd floor opened up to you with two more bedrooms and a half bath. The Joan of Arc is a bright, charming bedroom with a double bed. The Huckleberry Finn contains two twin beds as well as a spacious seating area which is always convenient for larger groups. Maximum Occupancy: None. $220 + tax per night.
The Parrot House is a pet-friendly environment. If you plan on bringing your furry family members, be sure to select Pet Rent during the reservation process. All pets incur a $30 fee for your visit, and owners are liable for any damage done to the property. In addition, all guests are responsible for walking their pets in the designated areas and cleaning up after them, failure to do so will incur additional charges.
Reservation and Cancellation Policies
- A Credit Card is required to confirm and hold all reservation.
- Final Payment is taken upon arrival and both Cash and Credit Cards are accepted.
- Payment can be taken in advance upon request.
- Cancellations made before 10-Days of check-in incur no fees.
- 10-Day Policy: Cancellations made within 10-Days of check-in will be billed for the 1st night’s stay.
- 48-Hour Policy: Cancellations made within 48-Hours of check-in will be billed for the entire stay. If the room is booked, this will be reduced to the 1st night’s stay per the 10-Day Policy.
- Cancellations can be made either by phone or e-mail and will include an official cancellation confirmation via e-mail.
- Check-In is from 3pm-6pm, with later times available as needed.
- Check-Out is at 12 pm, with later times available for a fee.
Current Availability and Rates
* Listed prices do not include state and local taxes. However, there are no additional hidden fees. *